Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fun with ..... Denistry ?

Can it be possible? you ask ?

Oh, yes, even dental emergencies can be amusing at the Nuthouse.

I have awful teeth issues. Unfortunatly, our insurance doesn't cover ANY dental at all.
So I cope with it the best I can, and when we can afford to, or there's an emergency, get some work done.

Recently I had an awful infection.

The swelling of my face occurred on a friday. When husband came home ,he was determined to get me in, anywhere. He called almost every dentist in the phone book, only to get message machines . ALL of the dental offices in town had closed at least an hour before thier advertised hours.
I told him to just take me home.

Saturday morning he woke just as determined. "you aren't going to find anyone on saturday!" I kept telling him.

He left messages where we take the kids, a family practice. My heart almost stopped when the dentist himself called back. bring her in.

Turned out BOTH dentists were in the office, but no staff, because it wasn't regular hours for them either. They were there to repair a bathroom problem in the office, just happened to catch the call.

These two are like night and day. one os very outgoing and chatty, making comforting jokes.. the other is very quiet and all biz talk.

It made for an interesting position for me, the patient.

They pulled six teeth. wow. To be honest it felt like four. they kept taking turns running in and out to talk to husband, to ok the next pull. . . THEN they thought they should maybe ask me. I told em take em all. whatever money guy approves is all yours.

They got 6. and in the process I learned our dentists have no clue where anything in thier office is located.
There was much cabinet door and drawer openings, and toward the end, he put in two stitches, but has no way to clip the threads. The other dentist searched the entire building for a simple set of scissors. "SO sorry about this, haha , being the dentists we're missing the nurses, you know, say it and it magically appears. we don't know where this stuff is !"

I had to laugh, becasue we had really put them on the spot by our call, then having them wait an hour for us to get there, then having to figure out where the equipment was, and cleanup.
There was one last "I dunno" at the desk before we left, as they tried to write us up. Essentially they left a note of details for the desk gals on monday.

Ironically, the kids had regular exam appointments on tuesday. That also made for some interesting chatter. The nurses asked immedietly how I was feeling, MUCH better, and we fixed up all the paperwork we hadn't done saturday. I let them know, not to let the guys take them for granted, they were sorely missed !



No comments: