I am not generally a big 'chicken' fan. As I grew up this turned out to be the only meat my sister would eat, and we ate alot of it. I give my mother many, many kudos for being creative with what had to be millions of chickens over the years. (and still currently)
It came in somewhat handy this weekend. Friends of ours had a package of frozen chicken breasts. The package was too big for the four of them (2 children) to eat at one time, and they didn't want it to go bad.We decided on a barbeque, the 8 of us to devour the chicken. We planned to meet here at the Nuthouse around 2ish. Of course, it didnt go quite as planned.
To start, Husband was starving by 11am. He started 2 whole roaster chickens. These were finished about the time our friends got here.
Our children returned from thier Aunts, and had had lunch at church.They declared they were already stuffed.
We were all picking at the roasted chickens, and trying to decide what to do with the package that was the actual cause of the day. Husband put some on the grill, and I made a chicken/macaroni salad.
We discussed 101 chicken recipes. I was gracious, and did not cluck or threaten to lay eggs at any moment. I really fought the urges though.
As our friends were collecting thier young to leave, my daughter says, " wow. that was some great chicken! Mama's going to have feather nightmares tonight !"
Hmm. We certainly ate enough chicken to make it happen. nightmares of sprouting feathers, or laying eggs, perhaps being an egg... I was happy to report this morning that I did not awaken to find feathers growing from my elbows, or any lost eggs in the bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment