When I was a "young teen" , the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" movie was released. I remember seeing it only once. I remember only one scene.(and I'm not entirely sure that was the movie.)
It is a scene in which a person is placed into a car trunk. The person is supposedly unconscious. The killer, every time he sees the person in the trunk twitch and begin to struggle, attacks him with a cattle prod. My memory of this is vague in detail, but I remember clearly laughing my head off , because all the viewer sees is arms and legs flailing from the trunk, and the sound of ZZT-ZZZT-ZZZT.
For a while, that sound was scarier than a chainsaw. You get something of a warning from a chainsaw, that you don't from a sudden electrical shock.
I laughed, joked it off, by saying " I want one of those!!" .
It became "my line" .
"Don't make me get my cattle prod ! "
"Now do you see why I need a cattle prod?"
"ZAPPO ! "
All in good fun.
With the wonders of internet searches, I discovered I CAN have a cattle prod. (Mind you, I was having a horrible day, to have actually searched for a cattle prod, hoping it was affordable and shipped overnight. Yes, to be honest it surprised me as well. ) For $19.99 plus shipping , though more for overnight, haha, I could have one.

Even in a bad mood, I have NO intention of actually using a cattle prod on the residents, animals or any other living thing. I just want to play with the "zzt zzzt" effect.
The residents do not agree with my reasoning. They have denied my requests.
In defiance of that denial, I found a ring tone for my phone that makes my lovely ZZZT sound. In combination with the vibration mode, (in my pocket,) I have been known to flinch when my phone rings.
I continued my search. Still online, I connected with my people. I put out a plea for some kind of gadget that will make this sound. something small, that has a button. so I can put it in my pocket and sound it off when I need a "Personal-Back-Away-From-The-Warden-Alert-System" .
Also known as " You are in danger. " Zzzzzt!
I received some fun replies from my people.
This, has been one of my favorites. It is a "Hot Potat-OH". Advertised for adults only, as a novelty item. To my delight, even cheaper then an actual cattle prod.
As the classic game of hot potato goes, you pass it around until someone drops it. The classic is played with, a hot potato.
This version gives random shocks through the metal sensors in the ball. It even lights up for extra effect !!
The only downfall I found , is the warning !! You cannot use this with children under 14. The ad doesn't say how much of a shock is delivered.
Both of my children are under 14.
As I said, the goal is really NOT to hurt anyone. Something about buying this thing and one day finding my 8 year old having a seizure because he thought he'd play ball with the dog- just not too appealing.
I love my residents. they do make me crazy, but I love them, and would never intentionally harm them.
So , I am in need of a zappy SOUND maker. If you come across one in your own internet searches, please let me know .
No comments:
Post a Comment