Children. Sometimes they can use the oddest, yet most innocent ways to remind you , that you may have goofed.
Daughter (10-1/2) came to me and said "Mom, we are the ONLY kids who haven't been to Disneyland!"
Dearest child, that is not so. I assure you there are children in Antarctica, who have not been to Disneyland.
This was not greeted well.
On another occasion I heard "Mo-om!! we're the ONLY kids who don't have a Wii !! "
To which she was told there are still places that don't have electricity, so there are most certainly other children out there without Wii games in the house. If there's even a house at all, of course.
The most recent was a bit more unexpected.
" Mom? Have we ever been to Toys R Us?"
I'm sure we have taken you to Toys R Us. As a matter of fact, we have. Your Grandparents insisted we went when you were about 4 weeks old.
"Well how am I supposed to remember that ?! And besides, that means Brother has never been there.That's not fair to him. "
The girl was almost in tears, to convince me she HAD to go to Toys R Us.
Are you serious ?
Father asked the children what they'd like to do Sunday. I'm sure you can figure out what they said, but also there was a bonus. "Don't tell Mom, it'll be a surprise!"
Very nice. Though they told me to make sure I had my camera.
So even on the 15 minute drive, the kids were wound up as if we were going to Disneyland. One slipped.
I said nothing.
The event was a riot. We strolled up and down EVERY aisle. I was instructed to take photos of this and that, you know, "For our Christmas lists" .
I was also quickly reminded that cost is why we don't go to Toys R Us.
Husband allowed them to pick out a game and a movie- "souvenirs" of their exciting trip to the store of wonders. It made their day worth living.
And while I went to bed and had dreams of cattle prods, I'm sure they were thinking of the giant remote control tarantula they mentioned buying to hide under my bed.
So, this entry is dedicated to the simple things we parents may overlook, that our children simply can NOT live without.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment