Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dental blue lipstick.

Yes, BLUE.

I mentioned a few posts back about having some major dental work done- in short they are all coming out and I will be the proud wearer of a false set of chompers.

Since last posting about the dental work- I will update that a different dentist is being seen.

He's quite amusing. For me to be comfortable in ANY dental office for more than 2 minutes, let alone 4 visits, is miraculous. He's good.

But then again, he hasn't caused me any pain. . . yet.

Back to the subject at hand.

He had to make a mold of my mouth on a previous visit.

They use a gadget similar to a caulking gun to ooze blue goo into my mouth , and I have to hold still while it sets. this made an impression of my existing teeth, to size the fitting for my plates.

It was a VERY strange sensation.

When it had sufficiently hardened, he removed it- which left little bits and peices of this blue goo on my lips and teeth. fun.

Today's appointment was the sizing of the plates. making sure they don't pinch , and also that i'll have enough room in my mouth one the teeth are attached .

When we got the plates right, he comes back with the blue goo gun. he now had to stick the plates together, using the goo to fill the gap where the teeth will be placed.

He got quite a bit of it on my lips- which can't be wiped until the goo is hardened.

so I'm sitting with a mouthful of wax plates, and blue goo, and he starts making jokes about how blue lipstick could very well be my color. not mine? ok, maybe the nurse.

Nurse is also not very amused with the idea of her lips matching her scrubs.

I have to sit still and quiet though this exchange, while they pick at each other about blue lipstick.

He finally takes the contraption out of my mouth-

I tell the nurse " You know, halloween is coming."

She laughs, and the dentist comes back to me and says "oh, so you're comfy enough to pick on me are ya? "

I tell him "hell no, you still have to take my teeth out, I sure wouldn't piss you off BEFORE you do that. "

SO we have a good laugh, haha cute it's funny.

SHHHH- don't tell. at somepoint in the few weeks before halloween this man is going to sedate me heavily, and pull 15 teeth out of my mouth. I will wake up with the falsies in already.

When I do, I am going to reach into a pocket, smile oh so big and pretty for him and hand him a tube of blue lipstick.

No comments: