oh how i love the things kids say !
We are in the car, driving west. here, 'west' means you can see the mountains . smack in front of you. bigger than life.
its been a bit cloudy this week, trying to clear up. There are wisps of clouds over the mountains, some cover. Actually very pretty.
I mention to the kids that the biggest peak looks almost like a volcano erupting, the cloud appears to be coming out of the mountain.
Both children agree its very cool.
Daughter then announces that even though a volcano is pretty, its very dangerous.
I say ," yes, that's very true, but some of the most beautiful scenes on our planet are the deadliest, like a volcano."
Daughter : or lightning!!
me: Tornadoes! wow they are cool to look at but if you watch them too long, they getcha.
son: DUCKS!!!
Daughter and I : Ducks?!
Son: well, yeah. Ducks are pretty, and if you get bit on the neck , you're a goner.
(child said GONER, at this point already I'm trying really hard not to pull over and laugh hysterically)
Me: well. I suppose if there's a LOT of ducks,and they're very angry and nipping at you, sure I bet they could do some damage. but I can't say I've ever heard of death by duck.
Daughter is now laughing : death by duck mama? reeally ?
having reached our destination with a good giggle, we continue on.
destination #1 is Husband's work, to see if he'll join us.
while waiting the children accost co-workers. One plays with them, and fortunately for him, has 'toys' in his office. the kids are obsessed with the mini ducks he collects. On this day, he happens to have a whole box of mini ducks.
of course, the children return to us, with ducks of their own.
Game of the day " death by duck"
oh my.
Our final destination is a festival downtown they call the 'artwalk'. the stores set up art activities, music dancing. we wandered through the art galleries, drooled in the bookstores. The children painted on easels, chalked the middle of the road, painted tiles...
This town prides itself on creativity- featured artists are encourages to put wall murals up, donate sculptures to display on the sidewalks year round.
We had already found a giant fork with macaroni on it in a churchyard (odd yes, but amusing) .
The big duck topped all.
Son is very excited, shows mock fear, : MOM!!! LOOK! THAT duck could eat us !! THAT would be death by duck!!!
And, totally 'terrified', child runs straight for said giant duck. Sister thinks this is a fantastic game and runs, screaming, for the duck. both children are shouting "its going to EAT us!! ahhhh! death by duck!"
oh.
So I make like a good mommy, and make sure I get pictures of my children under the giant duck.
so, this week's theme play is "death by duck."
I'm currently wondering if monday the teachers will call me and ask what kind of morbid field trip we were on.
I'm currently wondering if monday the teachers will call me and ask what kind of morbid field trip we were on.
No comments:
Post a Comment