Again, I must apologize for neglecting my poor lil blog. There has been so much happening at the Nuthouse ( obviously why we call it that , haha) , I honestly forgot about it.
Since my last post was written during a cabin fever episode, I am happy to announce, we have indeed found spring. Our temps went from 32 to 80 almost overnight. NOW we have been gearing into our storm season. The infamous "pop-up showers and storms" have officially started.
The children have graduated school this week, lil man heading for 1st grade, girly to 4th, and stepson is graduating high school. . . where does the time go? I'll be attending a HS graduation at a school I myself attended. Kind of weird. I must say, I'm proud of all of them. they have all worked so hard.
The two lil ones and I plan to blast off the summer ( in only a week now) with a trip to Nana & Pappy's. There, not only will we be visiting the Grandparents, but my children will be meeting thier Great-Grandmother for the first time. They are also the first Great-Grandchildren. My Mother and I find it somewhat amusing that we will have 4 generations of girls in the house. Not so amused, however, are my Father and lil man. "all those GIRLS?!" . sorry boys, you're going to have to suck it up!
Also planned is stepson's graduation, as I mentioned. We are very proud of him, he's had a rough ride through school, and he's come out the other side of our 'fine educational establishment" in one piece. Way to go TD !!
Road trips are a thing I look forward to, I love a nice long drive.. . My children, thankfully, are excellent travellers as well. Through the 10 to 12 hour drive "over the river and through the woods" , my kids have very few major catasrophic problems. After about the first 2 hours they settle in, and amuse themselves. Very rarely do I have to distract them with a silly song or license plate game. my Daughter is content with trying to get truckers to honk at her- Son just happy to see trucks. Even so, I may just have some amusing blog entries born of this trip.
The rest of the summer ? Thats up in the air of course. one day at a time. My children seem to think they will re-enact episodes of Pheneas & Ferb. "theres 104 days of summer vacation and school comes around just to end them- so the annual problem for our generation is finding a good way to spend them" .... I don't mind creativity. But, if they try to turn my truck into a time portal, I may indeed have a problem.
so, some "cutsie" stuff...
**Sitting w lil man, I tell him, " wow. you're going to 1st grade. no more naps at school, you'll get homework, wow... you're getting so big !! pretty soon you won't need your silly ol mama anymore"
Son looks at me sincerely and says " oh no mama, I'll still need you !!"
"really ? what are you going to need me for?"
Son pauses for just a moment, looks me in the eye and says " well, you make my oatmeal in the morning."
oatmeal?
"is that all you'll need me for ?"
"oh no Mama- i'll still need you for lotsa things too. "
He wasn't willing to go into detail at the time, but throughout the evenning he added to his list. When he brought his laundry out, he let me know he needed me for washing his clothes. When I gave him his dinner, he told me he'd need me to cook and clean up.
yeah. ok boy, I get the picture.
At bedtime, I tucked him in, gave him a hug and kiss as always, and he said " oh yeah! I will always need your hugs Mama. "
all together now : Aaaaaaaaw.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For Mother's day, Husband and the kids picked out my present together.
It is beautiful- a necklace with a charm - a heart that says "mom".
I love it.
Daughter wants to know if I like it.
"Of course I do !! but, you know what this means right ?"
"no mama , what ?" ( child was a little concerned. )
" Well, on days that I wear a necklace, you'll have to help me pick one, because now I have four that say "Mom" !
Daughter replies " ok Mama, I'll help you match them , just like you help me match clothes ! "
fair 'nuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment