Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Kid - isms

Ah yes, the things children say.
Being that there are two in my house, we hear plenty said.
*
My husband did the honors of unknowingly teaching my son what "draping someone" is.
Unfortunatly, I somehow became a favorite target.
Easily understandable, as I favor loose fitting jammies and lounging pants.
*
Husband went through a 'phase' ,where the draping of mommy was the funniest thing since cartoons. Mommy, did not find it very amusing, particularly when she was attempting to cook.
Of course, Husband's phases get absorbed by the children.
*
My son, was the one to grab this little pleaser.
For days, I was repeatedly 'draped' by both of them.
Funny though, when I started draping 'underboy', it stopped being quite so amusing to him.
I can't imagine why?
*
Recently we were roughhousing a bit, Son in his jammie pants, and I had caught him between my knees. He started wiggling and pushing his way out, but, his pants were sliding off in the process. When he had freed himself, said pants were below his rearend.
*
Son stood up, laughing like a loon, and announced,
"OH NO!!! I"VE BEEN DRORPED!"
He jumped off the bed, and ran to his Father, and explained it to him.
"Mama drorped me dad! i got stuck, but i sneaked out, and she drorped me!"
*
Husbands face was almost as priceless as the new term of 'drorped'.
*

No comments: