for part one click here
As much fun as we had during preparation for "E-Day" (extraction day) wednesday was the day.
I spent most of tuesday in panic , and complete nervous shutdowns. My dear dear dentist sent in an RX for that. mother's lil blue. yes. i felt better, and slept.
Wednesday I arrived, was whisked into a chair, and instantly put into 'relax' mode.
Beside the lil blue pill , I was given 3 more relaxation tablets. ( to CHEW no less. ?!)
I was given "blinder sunglasses" , a headset, and an ipod. (we'll get back to that)
I responded by giving the nurse the tube of blue lipstick for my dear dentist.
The nurse had a good laugh, we speculated if he would REALLY wear it or not.
It was placed on his workstand, just to see what would be.
I was"plugged in" behind the ears by electrical zappers - oooh so cool. I barely felt it, but this adds to the relaxation methods. Queen dental chicken was doin just fine.
The Ipod played calm classical music, and the sunglasses were totally blacked out. ( which was good, I did NOT want to see this at ALL) I could still hear what was going on around me, and answer the dentist, as he asked me a gabillion times how I was doing.
I will say, that having had many teeth extracted before (up to 5 at a time) , in the oddest way, having these 15 removed was almost pleasant.
Especially when it took him almost 45 minutes to get a little bit of root out- it was hiding and twisting away from him, and even as HE got frustrated and began to joke about it, I was cool as ever.
3 hours later, 15 teeth (plus one damn stubborn root) extracted and the bones filed down- my dentures were placed. :D
lookin good mama.
This morning I returned, so the dentist could remove the dentures, check on the sockets and sutures.
He said all was well, everything was coming along nicely. Did a little trimming on the plates, gave me my "how to" lessons.
As we were finishing up I noticed he'd worn his mask almost the entire time. I asked him if he was getting sick, maybe a cold, bc he always takes it off after doing examinations- today he kept it over his mouth.
He pulled the mask down below his chin, and color me silly. .. . .
He was wearing the blue lipstick.
Yep. I still like him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment