Thursday, August 25, 2011

"The Indian Exploded in the Basement"

My boy is almost 8. I like to say "he lives in his own colors" . He most certainly does. Son will come up with some of the strangest things to say, at the drop of a hat,and, heaven help me, he makes them believable.

I'm sitting at the kitchen table and I hear an unusually loud bang from the basement under me. Where, son happens to be. The basement is a huge open space, minus the corner the kids put their toys in.

To this moment, I am not sure exactly what the bang was. Son has a habit of throwing his punching bag on 'rough days', I assume this may be the culprit.

Moments after the loud bang, Son appears at the stairs. Panting and looking all around.
hmm.
me: son? what was that big bang down there?
Son: the indian EXPLODED, Mom!
me: the indian?
Son: oh yea ma, he exploded EVERY where!!

More often than not, it is safer not to feed the cells that enhance these tales,(he occassionally puts them into the 'true memory' files) but I just couldn't resist!

me: well, gosh I hope there isn't a mess down there son, M may be upset to find a blown up indian in his basement !
Son: well, I didn't blow him up !
Me: who blew him up?
Son: his FRIENDS did it !! they were gonna blow ME up and they got him.
Me: wow. bad shot huh?
Son: well it was good for me !
Me: I'd say. . . HEY! where are his friends now?
Son: well, I had to blow them up before they blew me up. They blew up the boss.
Me: they blew up thier CHIEF, no less?
Son: no kidding Mom, they blew him up good. but I got the rest of em.
Me: so, who's going to tell M there's a TRIBE of blown up indians in the basement?
Son: not me.
Me: who's going to clean it all up?
Son: um. well, mom, its not all blood n bones, its just kinda burnt black a little on the walls.
Me: oh. well I suppose as long as there's no guts, it's ok.
*giggles*

me: son? how exactly did all of these indians get into the basement? I didn't hear a thing!
son: they were ninja indians Mom.
(he may as well have told me water is wet, he was so straighfaced!)
Me: wow I've never heard of ninja indians.
Son: there's not alot. that was the only 'gang' of em.
Me : OH NO!!! you blew up the ONLY tribe of indian ninjas!! now all the others will come after us !
Son: no, MOM, they won't, because I blew up the only ones.

sounds to me like boy has it covered.


No comments: