Only in the Nuthouse can a FISH have 9 lives.
ok, I think ,actually, that this particular fish has already used up about 5 lives, but I am curious as to how many more it has left !
Daughter's betta pulled yet another death defying feat this week.
last night , when I tucked in Daughter, I turned off the tank light, and realized I hadn't seen the fish.
(odd, because this is the crazy stalker fish that stares at me like I'm lunch)
I turned the light back on.
no fish.
not in or behind the cave.
its a gallon and a half size tank. there is only one fish in said tank, so I can't blame another of fishy-cannibalism.
I also can't assume it was sucked into the filter, because there isn't one- just a bubbler, that the fish couldn't get into.
the cat has never shoen interest in the fish tanks, and couldn't get at this one if he wanted to.
same for our very tall ,mischievous pup. there's just no way !
I go to ask husband, who was alone at home while the children were at their extra activity.
"Did the fish possibly die while we were gone? did you scoop it out of there?"
huh? no, i haven't been in there at all.
hmm.
the fish is GONE.
POOF.
where the heck did it go?
Today, the mission was to clean the tank, see if I could play Sherlock Holmes, and find out what exactly happened to the poor betta.
I put the net into the tank, and moved the cave, trying to scoop it out-
and the Betta came swimming out !
somehow it had gotten UNDER the cave. and from the look of it, got stuck.
it wan't very.. perky at first, we gave it some food, and kept watch.
we are still watching it, just in case .
Only in the Nuthouse.
I have an update from tank 2 as well.
we had released our naughty tetra from time out, and all was well.
it was no longer nipping at the other tetra.
after about a week, the tetra it had been snacking on got weird.
started swim-floating sideways, yet every time we thought it done and dead, it would twitch, and swim again.
this fish, has also vanished.
it ,however, has not returned with a miraculous attempt at a second life.
the possibilities with this one is that the other fish finally did eat it, being as weak as it was, or it found its way into the filter of doom.
so, tank 2 is now back down to 4 tetras and one frog ( who seems to hide more often than not anymore)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment