Thursday, October 7, 2010

Still, All About The Wasabi .

I tell you, my kids have the strangest obsession with wasabi.
Yet they refuse to taste it.

Son, being a picky eater, is the Pepperoni Pizza King of the Nuthouse. We use this to our advantage on busy nights.
Because he does complain about what the meal plans are almost nightly, we pick on him a bit. If he asks what it will be, we usually say something we know he won't like. Its almost a game, because it's done so much.

This time, he asked what was for dinner.
I said, a big ol' bowl of WASABI sounds great ! maybe with some rice.

"uuugh ! no mama. not wasabi for dinner.. i know ! ! lets get pizza ! "

"oooh ! Great idea pal!! Wasabi pizza! YEAH ! "

The look on his face was priceless.

So, I kept going. " oh wow, that sound awsome ! I can't wait ! we can call it Pazzabiii ! ! "

The boy looked horrified. I could see the wheels turning as he tried to think of a way to talk me out of getting wasabi pizza.

"Mom, you can't. they don't have wasabi at the pizza store" (then he looked at me, waiting for me to tell him they do, in fact ,carry wasabi)

aaaw shucks.

now its not called pizza anymore at the Nuthouse.

its officially pazzabi.

No comments: