Wednesday, August 19, 2009

the suckerfish saga continues !

I'm just not sure why we can't seem to get this right.
I took the dead fish back to the petstore, told the woman what happened.
she said
"well the fish suck the bag, get out of the water n die.water moves, fish stay stuck on bag."
oh no.... we hadn't thought of THAT. and of course they hadn't told us that.
*
so today we tried again. she gave us another fish, and son was SO very careful all the way home to make sure that when the fish moved, it was still in the water.
*
we got it home with no troubles, but as soon as we got into the house and ready to put it in the tank- it went belly up.
I didn't even get the bag OPEN this time!
*
aargh!!
so we wracked our brains.
only theory we came up with was that the fish was sucking the bag all the way home-
THAT can't be good for it.
*
tomorrow's adventure:
we take a prepared JAR with us to take the fish home in.
it will stay in the water, and it will not be sucking plastic.
we even placed a rock in the jar- pre-algaed, to be sure it won't starve.
I have never had this much trouble getting a fish home!

No comments: